As an out gay man since age twenty-three, I enjoy specializing as a provider to members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.
In conjunction with Cross Country Education, I taught the full day course “Counseling LGBT Clients: Techniques to Increase Clinical Effectiveness” during the mid 2000’s in the states of Florida, Illinois, Iowa, North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia providing continuing education credits for licensed social workers, psychologists and counselors. Being chosen by a nationally recognized firm to teach their LGBT course was an incredible honor.
As an LGBT specialist, some of the matters addressed in sessions include, but are not limited to:
- Strife between gay or lesbian partners
- Degrees of being out
- Coping with HIV+ diagnosis
- Creating support system of friends within LGBT community
- Transitioning associated with gender identity
- Assisting parents whose children have come out
- Being single within the LGBT community
Over the past two decades, I have facilitated groups for men in the coming out process, for caregivers on an Infectious Disease unit, for survivors of childhood sexual abuse, and for LGBT persons struggling with substance abuse. I am proud to bring this distinguished body of work with the LGBT community to Broward County.